I haven't posted in a few days, things have been nuts. Let's start with Thursday.
Diabetes.
As I was out and about enjoying my day, headed to my sisters house I get a phone call, on the other end was my OB's nurse. She didn't sound too happy. My extended glucose testing came back positive for Gestational Diabetes. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but as I spoke to her about the health of our baby, it made me a little but nervous. How could I be diagnosed with this? I haven't gained much weight, I eat healthy foods, I exercise.. with much moderation haha. But yes. Just another wrench to throw in my last 9 weeks, right?
MODY.
Mature Onset Diabetes of the Youth. It is a disease that is passed genetically and can only go from one immediate family member to another. | so you can only get it passed down from one of your parents| It is known and diagnosed separately than Types 1&2, but is just as serious. Well, lucky me, it's been genetically passé down from my grandparents to my dad. I have been advised by my parents, grandparents and other family members to go see a specialist who knows the family history and can get me tested as soon as possible | which with waiting lists could be as long as 6months. | I am going to do it, I am just nervous and hoping for good results. If I end up being diagnosed, there is a good possibility that Nug will also be diagnosed in the future... fantastic...
Party.
We had a couple of parties this last weekend. We had the annual Lemiex family Christmas party | which I am still upset that we had to leave it early | and we had Skyler's company Christmas party. It is his first few months at Hunter and they have been amazing. We felt it necessary to go so that he could establish himself as an employee who is there to support the company as well as someone who is planning on being there long-term . Not getting to sit on Santa's lap at my grandparents | which I have done every year since I was little | was kind if disappointing to me, although, I was still very excited for the work party. Family is family.
I am tired so I will finish this mumbojumbo tomorrow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment