He came. He finally came.
It seemed like it took forever but it honestly took no time for him to get here. Let me tell you the story.
January 29th:
Skyler, Natalie and I decided to try and get a last meal in. When I had gone and visited Dr. Becks office earlier that day he gave me a couple of days before out little man would arrive and I was dying for some ravioli. Olive Garden it was! While we were waiting to be seated, the contractions had started becoming more intense and closer together. Skyler had been told by a co-worker to time the contractions. How long in between, and how long they lasted. We timed them on the clock on my iPhone as if I were running laps (what an amazing little contraption that timer is.) I was up that whole night having contractions. Natalie was a gem and decided to stay up with me and make soup! It is my favorite soup but I was in so much pain, I wouldn't eat any. THAT is how you know there's something wrong haha.
January 30:
Natalie and I decided to try and get some sleep since we knew something would be happening in the next couple of days. She went to bed, and I went to try and find a remedy online to try and ease these contractions. I read that if you soak in a hot tub it helps ease the pain. I soaked. Pain was not eased. I woke Skyler up, we timed more of my contractions, woke up Nat (she hopped in the car)and we were on our way to triage around 4am. When we got there, I was dilated to a 2, which was only .5cm more than I had been at the OB the day before. He wasn't going to be coming today. At least that's what I thought. They decided to contact Dr Beck to see if they wanted to monitor me or send me home; He said that the baby would be coming today to Keep me there and get me started. About 90 minutes later I was dilated to a 3 which was enough to get me into a room and last but definitely not least, get my epidural. It was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Minimal pain to get me out of pain? I'm all for it!
Throughout the day, I sat and waited for our little nugget to come. Progressing more every hour. Around 3pm, Dr Beck came in and broke my water (a process that thoroughly grossed Skyler out haha.) We had asked our friend Cami of camitakesphotos to come and photograph the birth of our bouncing baby boy. She came, ready to roll and sat and waited with the family. I started pushing around 8pm. After 90min of pushing, he still hadn't come. I was told it was because of my predominant tailbone, when I would push, he would progress down the birthing canal, yet when I would stop pushing, he would go back. Getting over that hump of a tailbone proved to be a tough one but 2 hours later, and minutes from an emergency c-section, he decided to finally make his debut.
Skyler, Natalie and I decided to try and get a last meal in. When I had gone and visited Dr. Becks office earlier that day he gave me a couple of days before out little man would arrive and I was dying for some ravioli. Olive Garden it was! While we were waiting to be seated, the contractions had started becoming more intense and closer together. Skyler had been told by a co-worker to time the contractions. How long in between, and how long they lasted. We timed them on the clock on my iPhone as if I were running laps (what an amazing little contraption that timer is.) I was up that whole night having contractions. Natalie was a gem and decided to stay up with me and make soup! It is my favorite soup but I was in so much pain, I wouldn't eat any. THAT is how you know there's something wrong haha.
January 30:
Natalie and I decided to try and get some sleep since we knew something would be happening in the next couple of days. She went to bed, and I went to try and find a remedy online to try and ease these contractions. I read that if you soak in a hot tub it helps ease the pain. I soaked. Pain was not eased. I woke Skyler up, we timed more of my contractions, woke up Nat (she hopped in the car)and we were on our way to triage around 4am. When we got there, I was dilated to a 2, which was only .5cm more than I had been at the OB the day before. He wasn't going to be coming today. At least that's what I thought. They decided to contact Dr Beck to see if they wanted to monitor me or send me home; He said that the baby would be coming today to Keep me there and get me started. About 90 minutes later I was dilated to a 3 which was enough to get me into a room and last but definitely not least, get my epidural. It was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Minimal pain to get me out of pain? I'm all for it!
Throughout the day, I sat and waited for our little nugget to come. Progressing more every hour. Around 3pm, Dr Beck came in and broke my water (a process that thoroughly grossed Skyler out haha.) We had asked our friend Cami of camitakesphotos to come and photograph the birth of our bouncing baby boy. She came, ready to roll and sat and waited with the family. I started pushing around 8pm. After 90min of pushing, he still hadn't come. I was told it was because of my predominant tailbone, when I would push, he would progress down the birthing canal, yet when I would stop pushing, he would go back. Getting over that hump of a tailbone proved to be a tough one but 2 hours later, and minutes from an emergency c-section, he decided to finally make his debut.
Rex Dean Roussel
January 30, 2013
9lb 1oz
21.5" long
9:56pm
9:56pm



















No comments:
Post a Comment