My cousin Brandon and his, now wife, Karleigh got married this past Saturday in the San Diego Temple. We had so much fun and decided to head to California early Friday morning so that we could get as much time on the beach as we could. With Rex, his supplies, uncle Kade and cousin Hailey in tow, we hit the road. Let me tell you.. California traffic sucks. California parking spaces are tiny. California drivers are complete idiots. We had a great time. It took us about an hour to make the last 30 miles to our hotel, the Wyndham Pier Resort, which was a tease. The beach was RIGHT there laughing at us! We got to the beach a couple hours before check in, so we went to my aunt and uncles beach house they had rented to hit the water. Rex
loved loved loved the sand in between his toes. When the waves started coming up, he liked the water but, let me tell you, it was | f r e e z i n g .| We left Hailey to stay with my aunt, grabbed Kade, and headed to the hotel. After check in, we headed to eat and do family activities with our cousins from Utah before the wedding day.
That next day was the day Karleigh became a Merrill! Their sealing was beautiful. I am surprised I didn't cry with all of these crazy post-baby emotions haunting me. I was very proud of myself! After the sealing, we waited outside for the lovely bride and groom ( where I did in fact get sun burned ) when we decided to snap a few photos of us and family. Especially Rex. I have decided that throughout his childhood we are going to take photos of him at every temple we visit and pass by. I think it will be something he will cherish as he gets older. I know Skyler & I will. We are also starting a photo scrapbook of all of our adventures with photos and post cards. We purchased a postcard for Oceanside as well as an I heart CA card to start us off! I can't wait to start this project.
Here are some of the photos we took this last weekend:
MERRILL + ROSE + DP = LOVE.
Instagram Raid:
next post: Father's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment