It's time to catch up. I feel like I do so well for a few weeks, then take a 4 month, unnecessary break. Oops. I get to the point where I think, what is the point of updating? I mean, have you NOT seen my Instagram? I don't ever update that.. Ya right. Anyways. Let's play catch-up.
Rex is now seven months old. Yes, you read that right. Where has the time gone? I was just saying to a Target worker the other day (she used to see me all the time walking around that place when I was pregnant) "You never realize what people mean by the saying 'The time goes by so quickly.' until you have your own child." It is already September, people! I am glad it isn't dragging on but it could go a smidge slower and I would be completely content with that. Preferably on the weekends when Skyler is home and we can all cuddle up and play together. Rex is just enamored with his daddy-o.
We have gone up to the cabin another time since the last post, and that is where Rex started crawling! Memories in the making! Since the crawling, he has started to pull himself up onto furniture, walk along said furniture, and transfer himself from hings he is holding onto to items behind him. His favorite toys, however, are Skyler & I.. That kid climbs us like we are mountains. Over. And over. And over again. He loves to crawl as fast as he possibly can to places he knows he shouldn't be; like the bathroom or kitchen. Eating off of mom & dad's plates is also something that tickles his fancy. He sits and licks his lips the entire time we are eating, climbing up on our legs or the ottoman, begging for food like a little puppy dog. Most adorable thing ever.
He has gotten more in the habit of saying mama when he isn't crying. For the first time I feel like he likes me instead of just calling for me when he is in some kind of distress with Skyler. Haha. He has also said dada a few times. Lucky for us, Skyler has been around most of the times he has said it so he doesn't feel too left out of the gab circle. He loves to stare at himself and talk his own ear off. I can't say I hate it. I can actually get a few things done around the house while he converses with that cute little reflection of his. Better than having him glued to the TV like he usually is. Mobility has pretty much nipped that in the bud. For that I am very thankful.









No comments:
Post a Comment